Week 7 Finished Object
- In response to the theme ‘Time’, I created a small game in Unity. It's a puzzle game using reverse time mechanics. I made simple puzzles where the user has to jump on platforms by using the reverse time mechanic.
- I created three obstacles where the user has to complete them by reversing time. The platforms fall and the player has to reverse time and time it correctly so that they can move to the next platform. As shown in this video here (Dar, 2022).
- This work has been done in this tutorial I found when making this theme’s object (Brackeys, 2017). He showcases how to make objects move back in time. I thought it was simple to do but there is a bit more coding to do which I wasn’t aware of. I was planning to implement player movement so that if you fall off the platform, you can rewind to the last platform you were on but couldn’t do it as it was getting too complex to implement.
Week 7 References
- Brackeys, 2017. REWIND TIME in Unity. [video] Available at: <https://youtu.be/eqlHpPzS22U> [Accessed 25 April 2022].
- Dar, K., 2022. CPS Week 7_Time. [video] Available at: <https://youtu.be/odeEuEhz84I> [Accessed 25 April 2022].